What is MyE-Deposit?
MyE-Deposit is a service that allows you to make check deposits to your Vantage checking or Regular Savings account from the convenience of your electronic device. By using standard scanning or taking photos using our smartphone app, you can send secure digital images of checks for deposit into your account(s) at your convenience from anywhere.
Am I eligible to use this service?
Generally, any member who has an ATM or debit card is eligible to use MyE-Deposit as long as he/she meets the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled to use our eBranch.
- Must have a valid address on file with Vantage.
- All deposit accounts must be in good standing—none may be negative 20 plus days or have permanent holds or other restrictions placed upon them
- All loans must be current—none can be more than 33 plus days delinquent
- Account isn’t in bankruptcy or involved in other situations including fraud investigation, court order, abuse of the MyE-Deposit service, etc.
- Vantage Credit Union reserves the right to revoke eligibility of MyE-Deposit due to misuse at any time and without prior notification.
What are the requirements for electronically submitting a check?
Transmitted check images must accurately and legibly provide, among other things, the following information:
- The information identifying the drawer and the paying financial institution that is preprinted on the check, including complete and accurate MICR information and the signature(s).
- Other information placed on the check prior to the time an image of the check is captured, such as any required identification written on the front of the check and any endorsements applied to the back of the check.
Prior to scanning or taking a picture of the original check, you must endorse the back as follows:
- Signature of each payee (all payees must be account owners)
- Include this underneath signatures: For deposit only at Vantage Credit Union
For record retention, you may also wish to include:
- Via MyE-Deposit
- On mm/dd/yyyy
The image quality for the check needs to meet the standards for image quality established by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, and any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association.
Are there deposit limits?
Yes, we have a tier structure for MyE-Deposits that determines whether deposits are auto-acceptance and held for review that fluctuates daily based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, years of membership, average monthly balances, monthly NSFs/Courtesy Pay usage, services with the credit union, and type and amount of your check.
Tier 1 (default)
Single-day/deposit limit = $1,500
Rolling 30-day limit = $3,000
2-day hold? Yes
Auto-acceptance limit * Not available
Single-day/deposit limit = $10,000
Rolling 30-day limit = $20,000
2-day hold? No **
Auto-acceptance limit * < $1,000
Single-day/deposit limit = $25,000
Rolling 30-day limit = $50,000
2-day hold? No **
Auto-acceptance limit ** < $1,000
*To qualify for checks to be accepted automatically, members must have completed 10 deposits through MyE-Deposit. Checks with MICR, CAR, or Image Usability Errors don’t qualify for auto-acceptance as they would require further review.
** All checks over $5,000.00 will be reviewed for possible extended 5-day holds.
Do I need to choose which account my check will be deposited to every time?
Yes. Whether you’re making your deposit via the eBranch or mobile app, you’ll need to designate the account to which you want make your deposit. In the eBranch, you simply select your account designation within the MyE-Deposit widget. On the app, you tap the Deposit button once within the checking or Regular Savings account to which you want the funds to be deposited.
How do I know my deposit went through?
If you’re in Tier 1, you’ll receive notification via the email address on your account whether the deposit was accepted and processed, or provide reasons if it was rejected. If you’re in Tiers 2 or 3, you’ll see whether your check was accepted or held for review on the confirmation screen once you submit. If it’s held for review, you’ll receive notification via email like in Tier 1. Please note that all deposits are time-stamped Eastern Standard Time (EST).
Can I access my deposited funds immediately?
This depends on your Tier. If you’re in Tier 1, all funds deposited via MyE-Deposit will be subject to a two-day business hold, with $200 available on the first business day after the deposit is accepted for each deposit made. If you’re in Tiers 2 or 3 and your deposit meets the additional criteria listed above, your funds should be available immediately. Please note that checks over $5,000 will be reviewed for possible extended 5-day holds.
Except for deposits auto-accepted, please note that every day is considered a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays, for determining the availability of your deposits.
- A deposit made by 5:00 p.m. CST Monday-Friday (excluding holidays) is considered to be the first day of that deposit.
- A deposit made AFTER 5:00 p.m. (or on a day we are not open) is considered deposited on the next business day we are open.
We’ll notify you when any of the following happens:
- If the item wasn’t auto-accepted, and when we’ve accepted or rejected your deposit (including the reason for rejection) to help you fix the problem and resubmit your deposit.
- We extend the check hold longer than 2 business days. In this case, we’ll tell you when the funds will be available depending on the situation, usually no longer than 10 business days.
Do I need to keep the physical check?
Yes! After your deposit has been accepted using MyE-Deposit, you’ll need to keep it for 90 days. After that time, you may destroy the check.
What equipment do I need to use MyE-Deposit?
MyE-Deposit supports multiple operating systems and browsers, as well as both Java and ActiveX controls. Here’s a list of browser recommendations.
We’ve found that Internet Explorer works best. If you’re using Google Chrome and getting an error message regarding Active X, Twain, try switching to Internet Explorer and then install Twain. Things should work fine once that’s done. Or better still, download our mobile app and access MyE-Deposit there!
But if you do choose to access the service via the eBranch, here are some tips:
ActiveX and Java: Java versions prior to 1.5.0_08 have some known bugs that may prevent the upload of check images. If you receive a file upload error using a Java version prior to 1.5.0_08, click on the Help screen once in MyE-Deposit.
ActiveX: If the browser hangs with an hourglass, this is caused by security software on your network. The Java version of MyE-Deposit properly uses your browser’s configuration. Refresh this web page and follow the Use Java Version link.
Java: If you receive an Upload Error message, please check your Java version by clicking on the coffee cup icon. Java versions prior to 1.5.0_08 have some known bugs that may prevent the upload from working. Upgrade your Java at java.com.
If either of these conditions exists, you’ll need to close MyE-Deposit and re-scan your deposit using the Java version (with up-to-date Java Virtual Machine software).
Scanner: MyE-Deposit works best with a scanner DPI setting of 200. You may need to Preview and crop the check images first.
- During Preview, if the cropping rectangle doesn’t automatically mark the borders of the check, you’ll need to do that by clicking and dragging your mouse. If you skip this step, your scanner may scan an area bigger or smaller than the check and it may not be an acceptable image for deposit.
- It may be helpful to mark the corners of the check with dash marks in bold ink. This will assist the scanner in picking up the outline of the check.
You can find help with trouble-shooting scanner issues once in MyE-Deposit.
I’m getting an error but I can’t find where the error is.
MyE-Deposit automatically troubleshoots errors for you, so look for any areas on the page highlighted in yellow when using the service via eBranch. The error will be highlighted for you to identify.
What do I do if MyE-Deposit is telling me my image is too light or too dark?
Look for the advanced setting on your scanner screen to increase the brightness, contrast, shadows, etc. Please note that you may need to do this every time you scan a check.
Where should I place the check on the scanner?
The scanner should indicate where you should place your check. If the check isn’t placed correctly according to the scanner being used, such as by being placed in the middle or at the bottom of the scanner, it won’t scan a good copy and your deposit may be rejected.
Also, please don’t use the copy/cut/paste option or the cropping option, as opposed to actually scanning your check correctly. Finally, some printers will not scan if there’s no ink in the printer, as the scanner function is disabled by default if it’s out of ink.
I have other questions not answered here. Whom do I contact for additional help?
There are numerous screens to assist you once you access the service via the eBranch. If you still need additional help, let us know by completing the Contact Me request below.